WORLD CUP CONSPIRACIES
The FIFA World Cup of 2018 has created many conspiracy theories with many YouTubers now creating their own parodies of the international football event. I will now introduce to you the TOP 5 theories that happened in THE WORLD CUP 2018:
1. How Russia somehow beat Spain and got into the semi-final. The Russian team somehow defeated one of the tournament’s favourite teams with an undeniably amazing save by the Russian goalkeeper. But personally I think it surpasses the whole “home ground advantage” thing and suddenly became suspicious. Was the referee bribed or threatened? Could the VAR lie about Pique’s handball that led to the equaliser? Who knows?
2. Germany’s group stage disappointment. As South Korea beat Germany 2-0 in the group stage, 2014 World Cup winners were knocked out at the GROUP STAGE! This led to the whole question of how South Korea managed to beat such infamous football giants. How could a team only led by Tottenham left winger, Heung-min-Son, defeat a team made of Neuer, Muller, Gotze and Kimmich? Did people even realise that no team had ever won a World Cup twice in a row, even Argentina, with Maradona or Brazil with Pele? Coincidence, I think not.
3. At the end when France lifts the trophy, black suited agents block the view. Another coincidence? No. No doubt Russia was not happy with France winning the World Cup, but did they have to block a whole world of audience from seeing a hard working team made of young talent receive their reward? Many French people were angered by their team being covered up on live TV. Could this also be sign of political unease, or is it that they just didn’t like baguettes?
4. How Putin had someone to hold an umbrella for him while Macron got drenched in the rain. When Vladimir Putin left the stadium, he was protected from the rain by his trustee security agents that held an umbrella for him. Macron, on the other hand, got drenched by the merciless rain with no one to help him. Everyone believed that Putin was a sore loser and had perhaps stolen Macron’s umbrealla, or at the very least done it away with it, simply because he was unhappy with his team losing.
5. VAR problems. VAR was introduced for the first time to help referees decide on whether penalties and fouls should be awarded to teams. It was deemed to be a method that would prevent something like the “Hand of God” happening again and to ensure fairer play on the pitch. But could the VAR be rigged? Of course. Think of it. When Pique commited a handball in the box during the Spain vs. Russia match, the referee took one look and concluded a penalty should be awarded. He didn’t even look at it properly! Ok, he was definitely bribed, most likely threatened.
But the thing is, the World Cup is finished even if the discussion around what happened continues. So well done to the French Football team, and I wish the best for all players at the 2022 World Cup!